Quality Digital Content Propels Your Business Toward Your Goals
Search engine marketing, when paired with social media management, are a dynamic duo of digital content advertising that is both active and passive.
Google processes more than 2.4 million search queries per minute, and 78 percent of consumers’ purchases are impacted by social media posts from businesses. With that kind of activity, your company has to show up and show out with digital marketing that your audience can’t ignore.
Realistically, increasing your rank in organic search results – that’s search engine optimization – takes months, and requires you to produce quite a bit of creative and engaging content on your website, social media, and its accompanying blog.
But thanks to SEM – that’s search engine marketing – you can show up there using paid search ads in a matter of days and get in front of your audience on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. All together, it’s called content marketing strategy, and you need it to succeed.
What Are the Benefits of Content Marketing?
- It’s more affordable than traditional marketing efforts.
- It generates about three times more leads and drives more website traffic than traditional marketing.
- It helps your audience feel more connected to your business.
Content Marketing is Affordable
The cost of content marketing is what you make of it, so it’s a far less expensive option as compared to traditional paid media.
Optimizing for organic search results is basically free and relies on Google to crawl your website, on the hunt for keywords that web searchers are using to find information. Your metadata, page content, and blog content.
A blend of tactics increases your visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs). As an added bonus, 78 percent of consumers prefer getting to know your business through blog articles than ads. That’s what we call a win-win.
Even paid search, also known as Google Ads, is pay-as-you-play, and you can determine how much money you’re willing to spend on ads that show up at the top of SERPs, yet still look like organic search results. Paid search allows you to target your audience based on search terms and a variety of other factors, so you reach your demographic quickly and easily, simply by advertising on Google.
Social media ads carry much of your content marketing burden, in exchange for very little. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn allow you to hand-select your demographics and build engaging ads, paying only for impressions and clicks you actually receive.
Content Marketing Generates More Leads and Drives More Traffic
If serving digital ads is like presenting the entrée straight to a dinner guest, then content marketing is the amuse-bouche. It gives your audience a little taste of what you’re all about and gets them excited about what comes next.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, 72 percent of marketers who use digital content marketing tactics said it not only increases engagement, but also the number of qualified leads received. More qualified leads means more potential income for your business.
How does it work? Because your content and paid search are targeted directly to your ideal audience, they’re more likely to engage with you. It’s hard to control exactly who is watching traditional TV or listening to the radio or reading the newspaper at any given moment; it’s much easier to pre-determine your audience, including people who are already searching for businesses like yours, and get their attention.
Content Marketing Builds Connections
Consistently posting quality content makes your audience see you as credible and trustworthy and builds your reputation of authority.
Good website content keeps your audience on your site for longer, which increases the likelihood for a conversion. Interesting subjects, captivating photos, and interactive social media posts draw them in.
Quality digital content also does well to establish your website’s authority. Unique content using common search terms signals to Google that your site is a credible place to get information. In turn, your site rises in SERPs.
Tips for Great Content Marketing
Successful content marketing makes raising awareness, earning conversions, and generating qualified leads look easy. But it still requires a calculated and thoughtful approach to be successful. These tips should help you improve your strategy:
- Be consistent in your brand message across all channels, including paid search, blog content, and social media. This includes visual elements, like your logo, plus your business’s identifiable and unique voice and tone. A graphic design professional can create a polished look for your brand.
- Write really great content. Quality content captures your audience’s attention and draws them in, while building a positive perception of your business. What makes content great? It’s written in such a way to build a relationship with your audience, motivate them to interact, and answer their questions – sometimes before they even ask. Blog content should include search keywords for the biggest impact on SEO.
- Use real photos from your business. It’s tempting to pay pennies for stock images, but if you want to make a connection with your target audience, let them see who you are and what you do firsthand.
- Post regularly on social media and in your blog. The number of times you do so depends on the quality of your content, your industry, and the platform. Our social media team can help you develop an effective social media management strategy that takes into account all the factors at play.
Digital Marketing in Overland Park, KS and Beyond
If the thought of developing your own digital marketing strategy sends you into the throes of panic, iFocus Marketing can create the roadmap for you to get your business from where you are now to where you want to be.
Our digital marketing agency serves clients just like you in a variety of industries across the country and strives to exceed your expectations through superior service, goal-oriented strategies, marketing data analysis, and transparent reporting.
Running your business is your forté. Marketing content is ours. Get in touch with us to see how we could become your digital marketing partner.