Posted on December 13, 2017
- How long have you been working at iFocus?
I joined iFocus in April of 2016. (2 weeks before getting married, which I highly do not recommend)
- Describe what you do.
My time is spent working with our clients in many ways. In my role, I also work with the internal teams and Account Management teams as a resource for strategies and strengthening our service to our clients. Basically, I live off coffee, my calendar, and laughter.
- What does a typical workday look like for you?
I’m almost always the first one in the office. That first hour of the day is quiet and gives me the chance to plan and organize my lists. The rest is basically meetings and phone calls.
- Do you have any nicknames in the office?
Hmm, not that I’m aware of. I’ve heard El Jefe before but that is only from the sarcastic peanut gallery.
- What would your co-workers say is your most distinguishing feature at work?
Constant presence of coffee cup in hand.
- Briefly talk about one of your all-time favorite iFocus projects you’ve worked on.
We work with clients in all sorts of industries. The most memorable ones have included brainstorming the jet purchaser pathway, brainstorming sessions for high end jewelers and automotive complexes, and the multiple pet related clients we have.
- Besides your own work, what iFocus product/service is your favorite? Why?
Creative. Hands down one of the biggest influences of my background has been being involved in creative activities. Imagery and content are what bring the strategies to life and evoke action and emotion.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I don’t do well sitting idle and we have an older home that has needed some love. Redoing and updating our home is something I enjoy doing during free time.
- What’s your favorite local KC food joint?
This is a tough one! Room 39, Q39, Stock Hill, or Novel are a few of my favorites. My goal is to eat my way around all the local KC food spots.
- What movie or TV show character do you most identify with?
My husband says I’m neurotic (in an endearing way), similar to Chandler from Friends. Not sure how I feel about it.
- What’s one cool thing that has happened to you recently?
My husband and I have been going through the adoption process for the past year. It’s been a cool but exhausting experience. (No baby yet, but coming soon hopefully!)
- Describe your ideal weekend getaway.
Completely disconnecting at the lake or in the mountains somewhere with good food and good friends.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Dogs all the way. Cats are evil and shouldn’t be trusted.
- What celebrity would you most like to have drinks and a conversation with? Why?
Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, or Ellen – Who wouldn’t love to hear from strong women about their successes and growth, and you know it would be hilarious after a couple drinks.
- What’s one weird quirk that you have?
I often say “cool?” as a question to make sure people understand something, and I can’t hide much through my facial expressions (you’ll pretty much always know my thoughts).
- What social network consumes the greatest amount of your free time?
Facebook and Snapchat, although it is primarily for work more than anything else anymore.
- What’s one of your favorite quotes?
“Stay hungry. Stay foolish” – Steve Jobs – I live and die by this.
- Describe one thing that’s a source of inspiration for you.
Family is everything. My husband and family comes first always. This also includes my dogs, because I’m totally that guy.
- What’s your favorite part about working at iFocus?
The variety of clients we get to work with, the ability to use emerging technologies and strategies to grow our clients’ businesses, and being a part of an awesome team of talented minds.
- What’s the most important thing you’ve learned from working at iFocus thus far?
Patience and being open to new perspectives. In every job you have, you meet new people and learn from their experiences. iFocus has brought me into a family of people who have very different backgrounds than anywhere else I’ve worked. I learn and grown with them every day, which isn’t always the case in most jobs. We’re a quirky, special group that does exceptional work.